Stratford 2: To be or not to be cycling Posted on 6 October 20182 April 2021 by Rob Ainsley Final bits of cycle route research round Stratford and Warwick. Threw it down with rain today. No problem for my Ortlieb panniers, which are 100% waterproof. My socks on the other hand are 99% waterproof. Today was the other 1%. Warwick Castle from Mill St. Many aspects of it recall the time when Warwick was a rich town full of a moneyed middle- and upper-class, the £25 entry fee for instance. Stratford’s fine canal basin with statues of his most powerful creations, including Prince Hal, aka the young Henry V. A wayward character, friends with only mavericks and wastrels, I consequently like cycle touring. Shakespeare’s birthplace, in Stratford town centre. Here thousands of foreign tourists a day come admire English traditional town design, such as chainstores, car parks and roadworks.